Tuesday, October 13, 2009

There's a first time for everything...

Well, well, well... I never thought I would be adept enough on the interweb to write a blog. Nor have I ever wanted to consider myself of the "computer nerd" genetic make-up. Yet, here I am, staring through my heavy prescription glasses, embarking on my first blogging journey. All in the name of sustainability I suppose!

As I was casually beginning my research for an school assignment, I stumbled across this article about much loved label YSL. It made me smile for two reasons:
1. Stefano Pilati (Creative Director of YSL) has created a sustainable collection, not from organic fabrics, but from unused fabric from past collections. Sustainability doesn't always mean organic fibres.
2. He proves all the player-haters wrong; sustainable fashion isn't only for the tree-hugging hippies. But then again, what's wrong with being a tree-hugging hippi?

Read more at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/11/ysls-new-vintage-collecti_n_213747.html

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
Much Love,
Jade xo

No comments:

Post a Comment